First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man | A Modern Guide
In this article, I am going to describe the first 10 things a woman notices about a man.
I will be covering the following:
- That significant first impression – from the first two seconds of when a woman first sees you
- Examining the physical aspects all the way through to conversational aspects as she begins to know you
- Offering tips on how to make a more impactful first impression on her
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #1 – Your Body Shape
The first thing a woman notices about a man is your body shape.
Primarily, this is to discern whether you are a man or a woman.
Leading on from this, she is assessing your genetic disposition; characteristics such as your height or whether you have a V-shape etc.
Let’s take your silhouette as a man.
There are a few things that you can do to accentuate your look here. So that when a woman first glances at you, she notices some attractive qualities.
The first thing is when you are wearing a T-shirt roll the sleeves up a little bit.
This does the following:
- Shows off your arms slightly more
- Indicates confidence and self-assurance
- Illustrates that you are not afraid to bare a bit more of your skin
In addition, if you are in good physical condition, it emphasises your look.
Women find men’s V-shape attractive.
The second thing you can do is when you wear a blazer, always do the top button up and not the bottom button.
This once more draws attention to your V-shape.
- Therefore whenever you wear a blazer, make sure you do the first button up as you will look far more masculine
- The final thing that you can do to highlight your body shape is to wear jackets or blazers with padded shoulders
Again, what this does is it makes your shoulders look bigger; it accentuates that V-shape.
Above all, it makes you look more attractive in a woman’s very first impression of you.
Below you will find my infographic that gives some fun ways to approach and instigate that first conversation with a woman.
You can read my corresponding article where I go into detail on each different technique by clicking here – How To Approach Women | The Ultimate Guide (with illustrations)
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #2 – Your Hair
The second thing a woman notices about a man is your hair. Good, thick, big hair shows off amazing genetics.
If you do not have big, thick, strong hair, then an option is to wear a hat because this also accentuates your style.
Additionally wearing a hat:
- Makes you look taller
- Shows that you have considered what you wear
If you have got big or thick hair or both, a great option is to grow it longer to enhance your look. Because it is something that other men don’t possess, so make the most of drawing attention to it.
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #3 – Your Body Language
The third trait that a woman notices about a man is your body language. Is it closed? Or is it open?
The easiest thing to remember when you are meeting a woman is this:
- If you are standing there with your hand over your face, your body language is closed
- Additionally, if you are standing with your arms folded, it is again closed
In contrast, someone who is confident stands with open body language.
Therefore his body language resembles the following:
- He doesn’t fold his arms and he stands with nothing covering his face
- He has a strong and confident frame with his shoulders back
In its basic and most memorable form, this is what is known as being open and being closed.
Below you will find the infographic that I created as a memorable prompt to help you overcome any anxiety you feel in approaching a woman you find attractive.
You can see how having a confident body language pose is powerful in mitigating approach anxiety but also in making an impactful first impression.
To read the article in its entirety where I recount each of the three steps outlined in more detail just click here – How To Overcome Approach Anxiety | Three Simple Techniques (that work)
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #4 – Your Eye Contact
The fourth thing that a woman notices about a man is your eye contact.
And this is super important.
When you first catch a woman’s gaze, does she look away first or do you?
If you want to create instant attraction with a woman, you must hold eye contact longer than she does when you first meet her.
This indicates a high level of confidence.
Most guys around attractive women, when they catch a woman’s glance, they will feel shame or embarrassment:
- They do not want to make it obvious that this girl has captured their attention and so they will look away
- At this moment, you need to do the exact opposite and hold her eye contact until she looks away first
Strong eye contact is one way to flirt and build attraction with women.
My infographic below gives further tips on how to make a lasting impact on her.
To learn how to implement these flirting techniques, and also gain more ways to flirt, read my article here – How To Flirt With Women | The Ultimate Guide (Top 17 Ways)
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #5 – Your Smile
The fifth thing a woman notices about a man is your smile.
This goes back to tribal times. If you imagine that when you first meet a stranger and if they smiled, it is symbolic of being friendly, of being someone who is not a threat to your tribe.
If that stranger didn’t smile, it sets off a biological response that they could be a threat so you should be wary.
When you bring up any iconic image of eye contact and smiling from any film that you watch of when a man and a woman first get eye contact with each other.
Well, that is what you are looking at doing to put her at ease.
A smile is a conversation starter with a woman.
It can be very difficult to hold eye contact with a stranger and smile for anyone who experiences the following:
- Suffers from not feeling confident or good enough in their life
- Feels toxic shame
In my experience that one-to-two second window of meeting women is paramount.
If you need support making this first step we can get help, and make you appear and feel more confident with women.
It is one of the reasons why I host dating confidence courses, whether they are via Skype or in the real world.
As on this course, you learn to do exactly that with my female coaching assistant.
As per the image below we can train you in how to approach women you find attractive.
To find out more about our training then you can visit the following link – Skype dating confidence courses for men.
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #6 – Your Clothing
The sixth thing a woman notices about a man is your clothing.
There are a few things to look out for here.
- Is your clothing fitted?
- And is it colour coordinated?
- Additionally is it stylish?
One of the biggest mistakes some men make if they are slim is they tend not to want to wear fitted clothes because they feel like it shows off that they are skinny or lack musculature.
In fact, fitted clothes show off that V-shape that is attractive to women.
Wearing fitted clothes accentuates your look.
In effect, it is like owning your look, which is powerful.
If you are concerned about your weight then you can consider the following to achieve a slimming look:
- Stick to darker or more solid colours; black or navy are obviously good
- Wear darker colours as an under-colour item of clothing like a black t-shirt and then another coloured shirt over the top.
This is a simultaneously a slimming and stylish look.
In contrast, if you are wearing really weird colours that don’t match, it is not reflective of someone who is stylish.
If you are not too sure on fashion, just keep it simple; dark clothes and a nice pair of shoes.
What this highlights is that you are someone who can wear fitted clothes and who therefore considers his style.
To recognise when a woman is attracted to you I have designed the following infographic.
Have a read through my related article where I talk about each of the five signs in greater detail – Signs She Wants You Sexually | The Ultimate Men’s Guide (top five ways)
#7 – Your Social Intelligence
The seventh thing a woman notices about a man is your social intelligence.
The biggest mistake that I see guys make around women is they just hone in on one woman. After that initial introduction they commit the following actions:
- Speak only to her
- They ignore her friends
- Most of the time they also ignore their own friends
On the other hand, if you are someone who knows a lot of people, speaks to a lot of people and introduces people, this shows a high level of social intelligence.
Strong social intelligence is alluring to a woman.
In truth, having social intelligence is paramount because it:
- Offers an insight into your character
- Indicates confidence and social awareness
- Illuminates what you are going to be like in a relationship
When you first meet a woman, it is ideal if you can catch her attention when socialising. This shows that you are fun, people are laughing, and you are talking to loads of different people.
And this is all before you have even spoken to her.
It is crucial to remember this – that social intelligence can be conveyed before you have even spoken to a woman.
This is a highly attractive trait.
If you want more guidance on how to avoid making blunders during a conversation with women then please see my infographic below.
You can read my full article here where I go into detail about each unattractive trait and how to avoid conveying these to women: Dating Coach For Men | 9 Signs Of Male Insecurity That Turn Women Off
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #8 – Your Emotional Intelligence
The eight thing a woman notices about a man is your emotional intelligence.
In practice, this means are you able to have a conversation with her. All of the following points come under the umbrella of emotional intelligence:
- Are you able to talk about a wide variety of different topics?
- Have you travelled?
- Do you ask good questions?
- Are you able to tune in to what she is talking about?
Importantly, these points also come under the scope of effective conversation skills.
This directly refers to your ability to communicate with a woman and also with her friends and people in that vicinity.
Conversation skills are of great importance as they will ensure:
- You have more confidence in conversation as you won’t be worrying about what to say next
- You can calm down and enjoy the interaction
Therefore emotional intelligence is of huge value in your attractiveness to women.
My infographic below highlights the place that emotional intelligence plays in being able to continue a conversation with women, as well as outlining the other two important types of intelligence.
I suggest you read my related article to learn more about how all three contribute to your ability to carry on a conversation with a woman and keep her interested – How To Carry On A Conversation With Women | The Complete Guide.
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #9 – Your Smell
The ninth thing a woman notices about a man is your smell.
Two things here:
- Is it masculine?
- Is it unique?
Personally, I love tobacco vanilla aftershave. The vanilla has a sweet smell, which is nicely offset by the tobacco’s strong aroma.
Moreover, people can smell it a metre or two away without it being overbearing.
So remember your smell is notable because it creates a unique impression.
To know when a girl is receptive to you take a look at my infographic underneath that illustrates the 15 key signs when a woman is flirting with you:
First 10 Things A Woman Notices About A Man #10 – Your Style
The tenth thing a woman notices about a man is the details of what you are wearing.
These are the smaller aspects of your style.
- Are you wearing rings or wearing a necklace?
- Are you wearing a watch?
- What colour are they?
- What is the design?
You will know if a woman is interested in you because she will notice these things. Often she will ask you more about them.
This is a good indicator that she wants to get to know you more.
You may have had your initial conversation with her, and as it progresses, she then wants to know more about the smaller details.
That is another cast iron sign that she is attracted to you and your next steps are to initiate some flirting.
As per the image below we can teach you how to flirt with women you find attractive.
To find out more about our coaching then you can visit the following link – Skype dating confidence courses for men.
Summary (Part One)
The summary of the 10 things a woman notices about a man include:
- 1 – Your body shape. Ideally, it needs to be a V-shape. You want to have your arms out. You want to have the top button of your blazer done up. And if you wear a jacket, wear a padded shoulder to accentuate your V-shape.
- #2 – Your hair. If you have good hair, wear it long or grow it longer. If you don’t, then an option is to wear a hat. This gives off the same impression that you are stylish.
- #3 – Your body language. Make sure it is open and your arms are not folded.
- #4 – Your eye contact. Do you look away when you first see a woman? Or do you hold her eye contact until she looks away first?
- #5 – Your smile. If you can hold eye contact and smile at the same time in the first two seconds, this is going to convey so many attractive qualities.
Summary (Part Two)
- #6 – Your clothing. Remember, is it fitted? Is it colour coordinated? And is it stylish?
- #7 – Your social intelligence. Are you talking to other people? Or are you easily distracted? Are you able to have a socially intelligent conversation? Or are you staring at other women?
- #8 – Your emotional intelligence. Are you able to have a good conversation with her? Do you have a wide vocabulary? Are you able to discuss things with her and to feel and demonstrate empathy? All of these things come under the umbrella of emotional intelligence.
- #9 – Your smell. Is it masculine? And is it unique?
- #10 – Your style details. These are the smaller aspects of your style, like your rings and your necklaces. Aspects that a woman will typically ask you about as she begins to get to know you. It is a really good indicator that she is indeed attracted to you.
Stay Up To Date With Our Latest Articles
Just enter your email address in the box provided