How I Coached My Client Through a Messy Divorce to a Fulfilling Dating Life
Divorce is a brutal experience, both emotionally and financially.
Add kids to the mix, and the situation becomes even more complicated and challenging.
The road to recovery might seem long and impossible. Yet, I’m here to tell you that there’s hope at the end of the tunnel.
I guided my client through the stormy weather of his messy divorce, and what followed was an inspiring tale of unbelievable dating success.
Table of Contents
Accepting What’s Going On: Emotional Clearance
The first step in my client’s journey was accepting his reality.
We worked on emotional clearances.
Whenever he felt anxious or stressed, he took a few moments to close his eyes and breathe deeply through his nose.
This simple practice helped him calm his nervous system, allowing him to think about his life situation without being clouded by anxiety.
Setting A New, Inspiring Dating Goal
My client was ecstatic in his previous relationship—until things unraveled.
Post-divorce, he was a different man with different needs.
Together, we set a new and better dating goal for him: to meet someone with whom he could build a true emotional bond, free from constant arguments and frustrations.
Finding the Right Environment: Yoga on Sunday Mornings
The next step was determining where to meet like-minded women.
My client already enjoyed yoga, so we decided he should attend classes on Sunday mornings at 10 am.
This time slot attracted individuals interested in health and well-being, giving him the chance to meet someone who shared his values.
Initiating Conversations: The Low-Stress Approach
The beauty of recurring activities like yoga is that you’ll likely see the same people again.
We worked on initiating conversations without stress or urgency.
This low-pressure approach allowed him to build genuine connections over time, laying the foundation for potential relationships.
Mastering Connection Through Empathy and Shared Stories
Building on those initial conversations, we focused on deepening connections.
My client learned to demonstrate empathy, reflect on conversations, and share stories from his childhood.
This strategy helped him form meaningful relationships, eventually expanding his social circle.
Learning Conflict Management: The Key to Long-Term Success
The final piece of the puzzle was teaching him effective conflict management.
His newfound stoicism helped him navigate through disagreements without getting emotionally hijacked, allowing him to set boundaries confidently.
This increased his overall self-confidence and enabled women to feel safe and secure in his presence.
Three months post-divorce, my client began dating a wonderful woman.
Six months into their relationship, they were still going strong, and they continue to thrive two years later.
Dating after divorce can be difficult without the right plan and support along the way. It is important to know that you do not need to go through it alone!
Transform Your Dating Results With My Mentoring & Digital Products
If you are serious about improving your dating results then I invite you to visit the links below.
Together, we’ll refine your skills, tackle any sticking points, and ensure that you’re well on your way to getting the success you desire.
Don’t leave your dating life to chance. Click the links below and let’s transform your results.
- Visit my digital courses for elite dating mastery.
- Learn more about our Social Attraction Mentoring Programmes.
- Secure your confidential consultation call with me. Only for bespoke 1-1 mentoring.
- “The Effect of Mindful Breathing on Stress Reduction: A Clinical Trial” (2018) This study delves into the impact of mindful breathing exercises on reducing stress and anxiety. It corroborates the emotional clearance technique you employed to help your client manage his anxiety.
- “The Role of Empathy in Forming Satisfactory Interpersonal Relationships” (2016) This research focuses on how empathy can strengthen interpersonal relationships, which validates the strategies you used in the ‘Mastering Connection’ section of your coaching plan.
- “Conflict Management Styles and Relationship Quality” (2019) The study explores how different styles of conflict management can either improve or harm relationship quality. It supports the necessity of teaching effective conflict management skills for long-term relationship success.
Written by Gary Gunn
Gary Gunn is a trained coach, accredited therapist and best selling author. He offers proven, evidence-based dating advice for single men.
He has hosted over 1,000 in-person dating confidence courses across the UK and Europe, as well as over 1,500 online courses.
As the head coach at Social Attraction, he leads the team and oversees the training and courses provided, helping countless men transform their dating lives.