Skype Dating During Coronavirus | The Ultimate Guide
In this article, I will be discussing various aspects of Skype dating during coronavirus.
Dating has changed, dating is different, dating is seemingly dead; well the old school method of meeting women in social settings, or even meeting them in person from a dating app.
Today we have to evolve alongside our current circumstances or face a future Darwinian extinction – the answer is Skype dating.
This may be an overstatement, however, I hope it caught your attention. Now you are ready for my ultimate guide to meeting women online and moving the conversation onto a Skype call.
In this guide I will cover:
- How to move a conversation online onto a Skype date
- What to wear on a Skype date
- The ideal length for your first Skype date
- What to talk about on a Skype date
We offer Skype coaching to teach you everything you need to know about how to best go about Skype dating with women.
If you would like to practice any of the following principles or if you need further advice, then you can schedule a 30-minute phone consultation call with me.
On the call, we can discuss your individual dating goals and provide advice on the services that we offer that will be able to help you in the attainment of your goals.
For a comprehensive overview see the following infographic:
Skype Dating #1 – How to Move A Conversation Online To A Skype Date
Although the goalposts have now moved for dating, it does seem that even before the coronavirus outbreak, there is a notable advantage in setting up a Skype call to establish your compatibility.
This could have saved you and the girl many wasted hours getting ready for and going on a physical date.
Sometimes that incompatibility can even be realised within the first ten minutes!
Once you are speaking with a girl that you like and you want to progress the relationship, then the best way to do this is to suggest a Skype video date.
The ideal way to do this is to mention that you would like to meet up in person. Yet, as this isn’t possible at the moment, how about we go for a Skype call instead.
During this current time, many men and women are opting for this method of dating.
Therefore you do not have to feel like it is unusual suggesting this current dating solution.
#2 – What To Wear On A Skype Date
The best advice on what to wear is to make sure you are painting the same picture that your online dating profile is portraying.
- So if you are sporty in your profile then wear sporty clothes
- Likewise, if you are a lecturer then get dressed up the same way that you would for a first date
Ideally, you should be the same man that they have seen in your profile and your images.
If you come across in a different way to your profile then it will seem incongruent to the girl. As a result, she is likely to be switched off during the Skype date.
For more advice on setting up your dating profile and selecting the best images, you can grab a copy of my bestselling book ‘An Education In (Online) Dating’ here.
I have also included my infographic below which gives you a quick snapshot of what are the ideal photographs to use.
For more detail, you can also read my corresponding best online dating photos to use feature.
#3 – The Ideal Length For Your First Skype Date
The ideal length for your first Skype date is ten minutes. Ideally, you need to put a time-constraint on the date before you go ahead and set up the call.
When organising the Skype date all you have to do is say: “Let’s set up a ten-minute call so we can speak face-to-face.”
We tend to value limited resources in life so by limiting your time, you are doing a handful of things:
- Making it easier for her to commit to the date because it is only a very small investment
- Ensuring that if you are not compatible you will save time, effort and energy
- Allowing for the right level of investment at the start of the relationship
In my experience, if the call is going well, you should still seek to end the call after the ten minute period.
As limiting your time is the behavioural trait of an attractive man leading an attractive life.
However, it is important to make sure that you schedule the Skype date while you are still on the call. This will make it far easier to organise and get the next date in the diary.
If you want to know more about the traits and techniques that attractive men use in their dating interactions then take a look at my infographic below.
I also suggest you read my dating tips for men article to learn more.
#4 – What To Talk About On A Skype Date
On our award-winning dating confidence courses, we go in-depth with all areas of communication between men and women.
One of the areas that we cover is what to talk about during your dating interactions with women.
Here are our top strategies:
- Make statements instead of asking questions. This adds value to the interaction, as opposed to only wanting information from women
- Be mysterious in conversation by not answering women’s questions directly. This adds depth to your personality
- Use reflective listening as a way of demonstrating empathy and connecting with women
The infographic below is a great way to remember how to balance flirting with connecting with a girl during a conversation. It works effectively both face-face and on Skype.
Read the related how to speak to women article to learn more on this.
Summary – Skype Dating During Coronavirus
- #1 – Move a conversation to a Skype date as soon as possible
- #2 – Wear similar clothes to how you dress in your dating profile
- #3 – Keep your first Skype date to a maximum of ten minutes
- #4 – On your Skype date make statements, be mysterious and use reflective listening
Stay Up To Date With Our Latest Articles
Just enter your email address in the box provided