The Best Online Dating Photos To Use | Top Three Images
In this article, I will be discussing what are the best online dating photos to use.
Primarily, I am going to share with you the three types of images that will increase your results when you are online dating.
The information outlined here is taken from my best selling book titled “An Education in Online Dating“
Before we go any further, I want to impress something upon you – If you simply go out and ask a professional photographer to get some photos of you, you will likely end up with photos that look staged.
- What you are not going to get is an authentic image of yourself
- When you are online dating you have to look natural
Indeed, professional photos do not perform as well as natural-looking images.
The key to getting better results online is to paint a story in your dating profile using the following three images:
- Action shot
- Socialising shot
So let’s get started with the top three photos that will help you to get better results online.
The Best Online Dating Photos #1 – A Good Headshot
What makes a good headshot is using a 55-millimetre camera lens.
If you take an image with that type of lens the background automatically becomes blurred. Significantly, as you are in focus at the forefront of the picture, this has the effect of making you pop out.
This influences the girl to focus her immediate attention on you, as opposed to looking at the whole image.
For this reason, a headshot is one of the best online dating photos to use as your main image.
With regards to the best backgrounds for headshots, something with a bit of colour works really well. Therefore, avoid being against a white wall because that is not going to blur very well.
- You can take the shot with the ocean behind you
- Or perhaps in a park with trees in the background
The aim is to get some nice bright colours in that background so when the image is blurred it just adds to the context.
How do you make that image look natural?
It can actually be difficult to get a good image of yourself that doesn’t look too staged or affected.
A simple and easy way to help you attain that natural look in a picture is to have a prop.
- Hold a takeaway coffee cup where you are taking a drink
- Or you can be putting a scarf on or adjusting your blazer or your shirt
The key is to have someone take an image of you at that moment because it will look natural.
Remember it has to be an authentic image, so don’t make it look staged.
So things to consider for your headshot:
- Use a 55 mm lens to create a blurred background.
- Incorporate bright colour in your background
- Use a prop like drinking from a coffee cup or adjusting a scarf
This will paint a really nice picture of you in the mind of the girl who is looking at your dating profile.
For more information on how to create your ideal headshot please see my infographic below which outlines the sequential order of what a woman first notices about a man.
You can also read my first 10 things a woman notices about a man article where I go into detail about each of the ten traits a woman notices and how to make a positive impression on her.
The Best Online Dating Photos To Use #2 – An Action Shot
An action shot is you at your best; it is you doing something that you love.
For me personally, if I was having an action shot, it would be me recording my podcast or public speaking – two things that I enjoy doing.
- If you love exercise it can be a running shot or you at the gym
- It can be you playing the piano or the guitar if you are into music
It can be doing anything that is unique about you in action.
This particular shot can be taken professionally or it can be taken on a camera phone.
It doesn’t matter.
That image of you being creative and doing something you love will paint a great picture to women when they view your profile picture.
Having that type of image paired with a really nice headshot is memorable. It is beginning to form an appealing story of who you are.
As you can see from my infographic below, creative self-expression is a confident thing to do that women will pick up on when they view your profile.
To learn more read the full dating advice for men article.
The Best Online Dating Photos To Use #3 – A Socialising Shot
What do I mean by socialising shot?
Let’s take a moment to imagine the journey of a woman viewing your profile…
She sees that you have a nice headshot; it’s a warm picture of you smiling and drinking coffee in a park. She then moves on to your second image and she sees you in action hiking on the South Downs.
The next thing she will consider is whether you are socially aware.
Does this guy have friends?
For this reason, in this last image, you want to have a picture of you with a couple of guys and girls. It is nice to mix it up, but people having fun, smiling and socialising together is what you are aiming for.
This will build trust in the person who is looking at the images.
She will see the following in your pictures:
- A nice headshot
- An action shot showing you have interests
- A social circle around you of people enjoying themselves and having fun
When you put all of these three images together, it makes a really nice story about who you are as a person.
Just before I give you the summary I want to point out there are many different ways to meeting women, so don’t limit yourself to only online dating.
My infographic below gives you five dating lessons that will help you meet women.
I also suggest you read my corresponding five dating lessons for life article to learn more.
The three main images that will get you better results with online dating:
- #1 – A Good Headshot – You want to use a 55mm lens to make you ‘pop’ from the blurred background. Have bright colours in the surroundings and use a prop to help make the photo look natural and authentic.
- #2 – An Action Shot – This is a picture of you doing something that you love; that depicts who you are as a person.
- #3 – A Socialising Shot – This is a photo of you with friends (both male and female), having fun and laughing. This shows that you are socially aware and have friends.
Stay Up To Date With Our Latest Articles
Just enter your email address in the box provided